Sunday 10 March 2013

Spilt Cities: Interview



Q1: How are you guys?

Shaun; Good, thanks.

Zac; Chipper

James: Good.

Mike; Well, thank you.



Q2: In a rating out of 10, how happy are you with your new EP?

Shaun; I’d say about 8.

Zac; Probably a 7 or 8. I think I’m still just really happy to have a finished physical product. Something to be fairly proud of.

James; 8

Mike; 9

Q3; Which song of the EP is your favourite?

Shaun; I think Ashes in the End is my favorite recording, but Broken is probably my favorite to play live.

Zac; Either Ashes in the End or Your Old Ghost. It’s been interesting seeing how both those songs have developed  and changed from when we first played them.

James; Either Ashes In The End or Apparent Horizon.

Mike; Tie between Ashes and Apparent Horizon.


Q4: If you had the opportunity to change the EP in any way, would you?

Shaun; I say yes, but the stuff I would change is just part of the learning curve, and something that I will take with me the next time we hit the studio.

Zac; I don’t think so. Even though most of us were ‘studio virgins’ before this EP and we all learnt a lot through recording, I like the idea of having this EP as a historical record of where we were and how we were feeling at the time.

James; Yeah, why not, would be fun.

Mike; The EP was a statement of time and place (and all other recordings for that matter), so no, I wouldn't change it if you paid me.



Q5; What alterations would you make and why?

Shaun; I’d leave it be.

Zac; N/A

James;
I feel like some of the songs may benefit from a little more fine tuning/shortening. I think we’re still developing as a band and maturing as musicians, so naturally you feel some parts could have been done better if we had wrote them today as opposed to a year ago. But at the time we were all happy, which was cool. 

Mike; Zero bebs

Q6: Are you a career musician or a hobbyist?

Shaun; Hopeful hobbyist.

Zac; Hobbyist I guess.

James;
I consider myself a career musician  as I have now been playing drums for 32 years.

Mike; Hobbyist looking for love


Q7: If for some reason you couldn't play music for a living, what would your fallback be?

Shaun; N/A

Zac; N/A

James; Probably body building/human muscle philosophy.

Mike; -

Q8: Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?

Shaun; Probably still studying, putting off a real people job.

Zac; Hopefully not dead.

James; Being bored in some office.

Mike; Cruising the streets of San Andreas.


Q9: Will we ever hear any music from you on RTRFM, or anywhere else in the near future?

Shaun; We have had some RTR play, I hope that continues.

Zac; Fingers crossed

James; Hopefully, but your more likely to hear us on Nova 93.7.

Mike; I would say so, yes.


Q10: Any words of wisdom? (Not necessarily about the music industry, but absolutely anything. e.g - "Drunkenness is cowardice; sobriety is loneliness" - Julian Casablancas)

Shaun; Always do sober what you said you would do drunk, that will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Zac; -

James; Nope

Mike; Mikez Wordz of Wizdom: YOGTHSO (You Only Go Through High School Once so stay in school kids, that's the ultimate swag)


Interview undertaken by: Samuel Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment